Lou Neglia’s Ring of Combat, co-promoted with New Jersey’s Dead Serious, took place on Friday, November 17 at the Tropicana Casino in Atlantic City. As always, the show delivered an action packed night of fights with 2 titles on the line. In the Co-Main, Bill Algeo (Algeo MMA) put on an impressive performance against a tough and skilled Tim Dooling (Dante Rivera BJJ), winning in the 2nd round by TKO due to referee stoppage. The Main Event saw Julian Lane (Wreck Room) take on Jeff Lentz (Lentz MMA) in a back and forth fight. Both men landed some heavy shots, and bloodied their opponent. Julian Lane pulled out a close, and somewhat controversial,l decision according to the stream of boos from the crowd.
In earlier action, the crowd witnessed the debut of two fighters who showed they were ready fro the pro level. Alex Oliveira of Mantra MMA/ Renzo Gracie NYC had a dominant 1st round armbar victory against opponent Samad Mobley. The BJJ Black Belt showed his striking skills, landing some heavy leg kicks before securing a takedown into mount, and eventually the armbar and tap. Next up was Team Serra-Longo Middleweight Manny Flores. Manny and opponent Kendrick Harris put in a solid round one, each gaining and losing positions. Round 2 was barely underway when Manny threw a heavy body kick that Kendrick ducked into, causing a heavy knee to land to his head, ending the bout in a KO. To add to this spectacular pro debut, Manny was then awarded his BJJ Black belt by former UFC Champ, Matt Serra. Keep an eye on these two New prospects, they both could very well be future Featherweight and Middleweight Ring of Combat Champions.
Ring of Combat 61 – Results:
- Alex Oliveira defeats Samad Mobley via Submission (armbar) in rnd 1
- Manny Flores defeats Kendrick Harris via KO (headkick/knee) in rnd 2
- Tim Sylvester defeats Sambet Naimanbayev via Unanimous Decision
- Mike Lawrence defeats Joe Schick via KO (knee) in rnd 3
- Gregory Styles defeats Whitney Jean-Francois via TKO (dr stoppage in between rnd 1 & 2
- Phil Caracappa defeats Nathan Trepagnier via TKO in rnd 3
- Tevin Cooke defeats Jack Cordero via Submission in rnd 2
8. Bill Algeo defeats Tim Dooling via TKO (ref stoppage) in round 2
9. Julian Lane defeats Jeff Lentz via Split Decision
FULL PHOTO GALLERY – COMING SOON
Photos: Angelo CarchesioNew York Fighting, Ring of Combat, Ring of Combat 61 Results